The Hearing Loss Association of America and our members are catalyst that make mainstream society more accessible to people with hearing loss. We strive to improve the quality of the lives of people with hearing loss through education, advocacy, and self-help.
• Education: Hearing Loss Association provides adults and children with tools for self-help; sensitizes the general population about the special needs of people with hearing loss and promotes understanding of the nature, causes, complications, and remedies of hearing loss.
• Advocacy: Hearing Loss Association promotes new technology, medical research, and legislation that will alleviate the effects of hearing loss.
• Self-Help: Hearing Loss Association promotes self-confidence; empowers individuals with skills to improve their lioves; and provides an opportunity for affiliation among people with hearing loss, their friends, families, and professionals.
• We are a people of self-help recognizing the limits of the professional ability to serve all our needs.
• We desire social enrichment.
• We seek to develop awareness and learn how better to cope.
• We are not alone, we joy in sharing, gaining strengths in association, and seek empathy and fellowship with peers.
• We better want to educate ourselves, our relations and our friends about causes, nature, complications and possible remedies of hearing loss.
• We are a group that wants improvements for people with hearing loss –working together, helping one another to live active, healthy lives.
• We area people who chose to seek self-help to take charge of our lives.